CASA Advocates serve as an emotional support and a familiar face to children who face many traumatic changes in their life. By visiting the children monthly and gathering information from all the people involved in the case, CASA Advocates act as a fact-finder and report to the judge about the needs of the child during the life of the case.
A child with a CASA volunteer is:
- Half as likely to re-enter foster care.
- Substantially less likely to spend time in long-term foster care.
- More likely to do better in school (e.g., more likely to pass all courses, less likely to have poor conduct, and less likely to be expelled).
- More likely to find a safe, permanent home 8 months faster than a child without a CASA volunteer.
CASA really is making a difference…one volunteer at a time…one child at a time.
- Minimum 12 month commitment
- Complete new volunteer training
- Visit child(ren) once per month
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid Texas drivers license
- Have access to a vehicle and proof of insurance
- Complete criminal and CPS background checks
- No previous experience or education required. All training and support provided.